Release Notes: November 2018
A summary of our November Release Notes
See our docs for a complete release overview.
RBAC support for SAML and LDAP
Humio now supports importing roles on login for both SAML and LDAP, which can be used to set up role-base authorisation and user management (the functionality is On-Prem only).
- New stripAnsiCodes function: Strips ANSI color codes from a field.
- New range function: Finds numeric range between the smallest and largest numbers for the specified field over a set of events.
Graylog Compatible Ingest Support
GELF (Graylog Extended Log Format) is a common format for sending logs. And Humio now supports GELF v1.1.
Various Other New Features
- Added support for Java 11. Humio can now be run with Java 9 or Java 11. Humio’s Docker images are updated to use Java 11 and we encourage users to update to Java 11 and use Azul’s OpenJDK Zulu builds.
- Improved build-in dashboards, allowing them to be shared using share links like any other dashboard.
- It’s now possible to block ingestion in a repository from the repository’s settings page.
- Repositories’ default search interval has been replaced with the possibility to choose a default repository query. All default search intervals will be migrated to default queries. A default query can be set by saving a query and checking the “Use as default” checkbox.